Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Let Them Preach: Week 4

By: Christian Hardy


What did you think? Week four of the NFL season was pretty great. I mean, in the 1:00 games it was comeback galore, in the afternoon games it was your fantasy team lighting up your opponent…or your opponent lighting up the scoreboard. Either way, it was a great week of football, just like the first three were. But this isn't about your fantasy team, it’s all about what I learned from every game in week four. So what do you say? Let’s get this show on the road.

Detroit Lions @ Dallas Cowboys
1. They should make a movie with the title “Calvin Johnson: The Unstoppable”.
2. Romo isn’t as bad as others are making him, and I am going to write an article on this later in the week.
3. Cowboys’ found their number three wide receiver, you’ve heard his name before: Laurent Robinson. 

Carolina Panthers @ Chicago Bears
1. Cam Newton is going to find holes in your defense and expose them all day long.
2. Matt Forte is a top five running back in the NFL is he gets the carries he deserves.
3. Mike Martz picks one thing to do and he does it over and over. He can’t run a balanced offense.

Tennessee Titans @ Cleveland Browns
1. Chris Johnson is alive!
2. Still don’t know who will benefit the most from Kenny Britt injury with Hasselback going only 10 for 20.
3. One of these days, Greg Little is going to break through. He has been getting more and more work every week.

Washington Redskins @ St.Louis Rams
1. Well, we have another Shanahan backfield. Now we know he was serious about sitting Tim Hightower.
2. Sam Bradford is not the same as last year, and I don’t understand why to be honest.
3. Maybe not something I learned, but I think Helu is going to be one of the best change of pace backs in the NFL…if that means anything to you.

Minnesota Vikings @ Kansas City Chiefs
1. Like I said last week, and I’m going to repeat it; Dwayne Bowe is still going to produce, no matter how bad this team looks.
2. Harvin is going to be a flex play on most weeks, and he is the ideal flex play. Going to get you points, but he can easily light it up and get you a ton of points.
3. I don’t see why people are pondering about Ponder. If I was Leslie Frazier, despite being winless, there is no way I am handing the ball over to that kid. Atleast McNabb is putting points on the board. It could be worse. You could be the Dolphins!

Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals
1. What?! A defense can actually stop the Bills? They can stop the man from Harvard!? How!
2. AJ Green was better than Julio Jones…until the afternoon games…
3. Bengals defense isn’t all that bad, but to be completely honest, I couldn’t name five starters on that defense.

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Houston Texans
1. Matthew Berry was right: the Steelers can’t stop the run up the middle right now.
2. The Steelers don’t look like a playoff team right now. They are not playing good football.
3. You know that ‘anti-awesomeness’ stuff that Arian Foster had…yeah, it’s gone. Foster is awesome.

New Orleans Saints @ Jacksonville Jaguars
1. Jimmy Graham:  the elite tight end. I’m not sure if Brees is making this kid, or Jimmy Graham is just a beast. It’s a little of both I think.
2. Mike Thomas is going to be there, and whether you like it or not, Blaine Gabbert loves the kid.
3. Mark Ingram is going to dictate the carries for the Saints. This is the second game in a row now.

San Francisco 49ers @ Philadelphia Eagles
1. On almost every drive I saw, the Philadelphia Eagles looked they had one of the worst defense in the NFL. And even though I am a Cowboys fan, I mean it.
2. Frank Gore! He can run the ball!
3. Nnamdi looks really bad, in fact, the Eagles secondary looked bad. And they weren’t playing Tom Brady. They were facing Alex Smith. 

Atlanta Falcons @ Seattle Seahawks
1. Julio Jones > AJ Green. Both are going to be phenomenal in this league though.
2. Michael Turner is still catching passes.
3. The Seahawks will never try a 61 yard field goal again, that’s for sure.

New York Giants @ Arizona Cardinals
1. You should disregard your stud player missing practice. I mean, just look at Hakeem Nicks.
2. I guessed it last week, but now it might be a reality: Victor Cruz could take Mario Manningham’s spot.
3. Well, I was wrong on Beanie Wells. Really, really wrong.

Miami Dolphins @ San Diego Chargers
1. Matt Moore is still Matt Moore.
2. The Dolphins don’t trust Reggie Bush. That’s for sure.
3. I was asking myself,”Who the heck is going to get the goal line carries for this team?” Still no answer.

New England Patriots @ Oakland Raiders
1. This Wes Welker guy, yeah, the white one, he is pretty good.
2. Belichick loves his new rookie Stevan Ridley. Well, I mean if you are getting scouted by Bill Belichick then you know you are a good football player.
3. Darius Heyward-Bey is relevant. Oops! Did I just let that roll right off of my tongue? Oh well…

Denver Broncos @ Green Bay Packers
1. The people who chant, “TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW!” are really frustrating, and 90% of them don’t know what they are talking about.
2. The Packers are really good, oh wait, I already knew that…
3.  McGahee, no doubt, is going to be the main guy for the Broncos.

New York Jets @ Baltimore Ravens
1. This was one of the oddest football games I have ever seen; special teams and defense galore.
2. Ray Rice is a stud. I just wanted to verify.
3. I was right about the QBS, Boldin, and Holmes in this game.

Indianapolis Colts @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
1. Mike Williams being out of bounds on the 60 yard touchdown was such a heartbreak.
2. Pierre Garcon and Curtis Painter have some sort of secret love story. Eight targets? Two touchdowns on two catches? What a stud.
3. Week one was a fluke for LeGarrette Blount.

Well, that's all for me, at least for now. That Romo piece that I mentioned earlier will be on ReclinerQB.com on Wednesday. As for the blog; Gabe's pickup article is coming soon and Zach's injury piece is going to be posted on Wednesday. Hope you guys all got a win this week. Remember, if you have any questions about your fantasy football team or just want to have a chat then you can check me out on Twitter or you can email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment