Thursday, September 22, 2011

Week Three "Go and No" Guys

By: Zach Jacobson

So ya' missed me doing my start/sits last week did ya'?  No?  You didn't even notice?  Well fine then, but I'm back in week three with a quick run through of the players you should start, and the guys that aren't so fortunate.  I won't be going over the top like I did in week one, but I plan on giving you a few players that fall into each category.

Fantasy Go Guys:

Ben Tate v. Saints:  Ahhhh, Ben Tate.  You know the bandwagon that we were all jumping on before the 2010 season?  Well it's rolled back into town and it's time to hop on, folks!  Seriously though, with Foster re-aggravating his hammy and Derrick Ward being, well, Derrick Ward (not to mention his ankle injury), Tate looks startable as of now.  I just picked him up in my money league and I may just start him ahead of DeAngelo Williams...

Daniel Thomas v. Browns:  "Reggie Bush will be the GUY for the Dolphins", said your best friend last month when he drafted Bush in the 4th round.  I really think it's time for you to pull Daniel Thomas off your bench and flex him.  Bush's welcome wore out fast in Miami, and Thomas should be the main back from here on out.  Bush can't run between the tackles to save his life, and that definitely makes him near droppable in most leagues.

Mike Sims-Walker v. Ravens:  While there is loads of potential wide receiver talent in St. Louis, MSW should be by far the most dependable.  With Amendola out for awhile, Mike Sims-Walker should look like his '09 self, which makes him a solid play this week.  Sam Bradford hasn't looked as good as advertised so far, but he still managed to crank out 300+ yards last week.  Plenty to go around.

Brandon Marshall v. Browns:  Seems like a fairly obvious start right?  Well I'm not just starting Marshall, I'm putting him in my top 10 WRs for the rest of the year.  Maybe even higher.  He was up in my rankings before the season, and so far he's done nothing but prove me right.  Davone Bess has looked irrelevant so far, and Brian Hartline isn't quite trustworthy.

Fantasy No Guys:

Sam Bradford v. Ravens:  I know what you're thinking, "But Zach, you just told us to start Mike Sims-Walker, why are you now telling us to start Bradford".  The answer is simple.  While Bradford tossed up 331 yards last week (the reason I'm starting MSW), he has a sub-par completion percentage and only one touchdown in two games.  Start Bradford at your own risk.

DeAngelo Williams v. Jaguars:  It's week three and I'm already sick of this guy--I stated in my Ben Tate start that I'm starting him over DeAngelo.  He's looked like a clear bust so far, and until I see something from him this season I'm not changing that view.  Not to mention the Jags have been great vs. the run the first two weeks.

Brandon Lloyd v. Titans:  An average week fantasy-wise in week one, and a surprise inactive last weekend, I wouldn't start Lloyd this week.  Tennessee has shut down opposing receivers so far this season, and Eric Decker's emergence could spell disaster for Lloyd's production.  If he does have success this week I see it coming in the form of a small amount of yards with a touchdown.

I'll hopefully be back later in the week or during the weekend with my rankings.  If you want instant updates on football and my narcissistic thought process, follow me on Twitter @zatchj62 
Or feel free to email me at msuhoopz62@att.net

Don't forget to follow ReclinerQB.com's other contributors:  @ReclinerQB @heartsfootball @mwyche2 @AmazingMattyP @TheFFAddict

No comments:

Post a Comment