Friday, September 30, 2011

Week 4 "Go and No" Guys

By: Zach Jacobson

71%.  The percentage correct of my start/sits last week.  To be fair it was only a small sample size (5 for 7), and the law of large numbers dictates that it could be a fluke.  This is why I'll be keeping track of my season percentage from week 3 on, and you can see it near the end of each weekly article to check my accuracy.  Anyways, let's take a look at some tough decisions that us as fantasy football team owners will all have to make this weekend.

Fantasy Go Guys

Ryan Fitzpatrick v. Bengals:  I get it, we're all on the bandwagon, but this guy continues to produce like a reliable fantasy starter.  I don't think there's much to say here.  He's produced multiple times since last year yet he's still being overlooked.

Tim Hightower v. Rams:  Rams give up 174.3 yards per game, Hightower is averaging near a hundred.  Expect a huge game from him.  Hightower has been the workhorse for the Redskins so far and it shouldn't stop this week against a bad Rams defense.  Start him and don't look back.

Sidney Rice v. Falcons:  Yeah I'll admit it, I benched Rice in his season debut last week.  Hell, I think we all did!  Who knew that he was going to put up 109 yards.  Atlanta has given up over 250 passing yards per game this year and if Rice finds the endzone he's easily start worthy in week 4.

Fantasy No Guys

Knowshon Moreno v. Packers:  Frankly I hated this guy at the start of the year, and nothing has changed since then.  Moreno's going up an outstanding Green Bay rush defense (so far), and Willis McGahee will steal some carries.  He'll have to catch the ball out of the backfield to be effective this week.

Joe Flacco v. Jets:  Been good overall this season, but I foresee major inconsistency in his upcoming performances.  Not to mention that this week he's playing the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets...so I'd expect a bounce back week for them (plus they're allowing 188.7 pass yards a game).

Season Standings

5 for 7:  71%  
  
Want to get instant updates on my fantasy football thoughts?  Follow me on THE Twitter @Zatchj62
Or email me at msuhoopz62@att.net 

No comments:

Post a Comment